The Center for Knit and Crochet is an online resource being created to both inspire and celebrate knitting and crochet. Their future plans include online exhibits, information on historical works and how to care for them, and to create increased appreciated of the fine arts of knitting and crochet.
From the Center for Knit and Crochet, their goals are:
- To preserve and promote the wonders of the works of our hands: past, present and future
- To restore the status of knitting and crochet to its historic levels.
- To increase access to and the accuracy of its documentation in history, costume and textile collections.
- To create a home for the source materials of the America’s knitting superstars, as well as exemplars from all the ethnic groups who brought their fiber traditions to America with them.
- To foster the continued development, exploration of, and experimentation with, knitting and crochet as an expressive art form so that they remain relevant and vital elements for future artists and crafters.”
Please visit the Center for Knit and Crochet and contribute to this wonderful organization!